Camp Little Red is a Bible-based wilderness camp located in central Alberta. As a Christian camp, we are dedicated to using the whole camp experience as an opportunity for the salvation and the discipleship of everyone who comes through the camp gate.
To use the camp experience as an opportunity for the salvation and discipline of individuals toward maturity in Christ and to minister to the total person of each camper and staff member physically, mentally, socially, and spiritually while having fun.
To provide twenty-four hour living in a group setting in a wilderness type environment with qualified leadership, that we may reach our goal for each camper – through learning skills and social interaction, we aim to develop a healthy self-esteem with a Christ-like perspective.
A Brief History
Camp Little Red is a testimony to the Lord’s supply. In 1979 Camp Chestermere (near Calgary) was running at full capacity. Starting a new camp was suggested and while a meeting to discuss raising the money was still in session, a business man called to donate $30,000 for that very purpose. In 1981, one hundred & twenty acres were purchased on the Little Red Deer River and dedicated to the Lord.
The first few camping seasons were certainly an adventure, as there were few facilities, but much progress has since been made. From the early days where we were really ‘roughing-it’ with no electricity, running water, or bathroom facilities – the camp has fully developed today into a a beautiful year-round facility complete with a modern, winterized kitchen, heated and powered cabins, RV sites, full shower house, and horse barn. While our capacity has grown significantly, we still hold to our roots of wilderness camping – complete with tent living, outhouses, and horseback riding through a beautiful, unspoiled wilderness along the Little Red Deer River.
The camp is owned and operated by the Little Red Camping Association – who’s membership is presently made up of six central Alberta churches – Bethany Baptist, Innisfail Baptist, Garrington Community, West Zion Mennonite, Mirror Alliance, and Leslieville Bethal Union. Two delegates from each church serve on the camp board and work closely with the Director to look after the business of operating the camp.
Statement of Faith: We believe in…
- The deity of the Lord Jesus Christ
- The divine verbal inspiration, preservation, integrity, and authority of the Word of God.
- One God existing eternally as Trinity: the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- The necessity and efficacy of the substitutionary death of our Lord Jesus Christ, and of His bodily resurrection, for the redemption of the world
- The present ministry of the Holy Spirit in the work of regeneration, and in the empowering for a dynamic Christian life.
- The personal Second Coming of Christ, and the bodily resurrection of the dead, the just unto life eternal and the unjust unto eternal damnation.
- Marriage: that it is ordained by God; that the physical union of man and woman as husband and wife is undefiled; and that all other physical unions are against the will of God and that those who partake thereof are in danger of God’s wrath.